Intro to codehealth.dev
Codehealth.dev provides advice and learnings for improving code health and writing great code, through educational, meme-y biweekly posts.
What’s Code Health?
Code health is a framework that guides the quality and the ease-of-use of your code base and its related systems, and can be broken down into 3 main components:
These components are a product of best practices in software development along with coding conventions for technical implementation and can lead to multiple benefits such as:
- Minimizing technical debt: using best practices and installing coding conventions will actively avoid accumulating any technical debt
- Less error prone: clean code can help developers avoid making mistakes and spending time on debugging, increasing velocity of progress
- Investing in longevity: well structured and documented code allows for easier implementation and augmentation of features
Codehealth.dev is a series of technical posts that:
- shares learnings on writing readable and maintainable code
- is digestible and understandable to software developers of all experiences
- is a collaborative effort to cover meaningful code health topics
📚 Additional Resources
Here are some additional resources to learn more about best practices in the software industry: